Thursday, July 13, 2006

I'm in Europe!

Hello cousins.. I'm writing from a Paris internet cafe, that we took a 35 minute walk to from our hotel. Why did we walk? Well that's because the metro stops running in about 20 minutes, and I wanted to make sure that we'd be able to walk back when the metro closes.

Tomorrow is 14 juillet, not just any other day in France, but the Storming of the Bastille Day, also known as French Independence Day. Apparently a lot of things are supposed to be closed tomorrow, so we just might go sightseeing from the outside of all the monuments. We're also meeting up with my friend, FX, or "Francois" to the Bells and "Xavier" to Stephie, tomorrow for dinner and to watch the 14 juillet fireworks. It's a lot cooler here than in Nice and Lyon, but I think that's because we're more North. This 25 day adventure ends in 3 days!!Crazy! I will share my pictures and stories with you all when I get back.

Anyway - a bientot for now!

2 Comments:

At 3:04 PM , Blogger Kiko said...

Yay! You're in Europe! I like saying the word "Europe."

Ahhh... France, the home of great culinary art,and famous paintings of lady's with no eyebrows..

And you're meeting up with Francois? You mean the guy we met at that restaurant in Boston? Say hi to him for me!

HAVE PLENTY OF PUN!

 
At 8:21 PM , Blogger Mercy said...

Definitely say hey to Francois!

So is France all nutso over the World Cup?

I am firmly on the side of Zidane, I probably would have headbutted Mr. Materazzi myself, he has the most obnoxious face.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home