Monday, August 07, 2006

In Chicago!

So I'm in Chicago now. The air has a faint smell of brownie batter. I don't know if that's the smell of decomposing trash or the Chicago air, or simply, the smell of brownie batter. Hmmm. I don't know.

Last night we went to a Brazilian steak place where it's like a buffet, except the food comes to you. The waiters bring you different cuts of meat and you can pick and choose what you want. The filet mignon was definitely my favorite. Of course it may be the only time that I have filet mignon... Check it out: www.fogodechao.com Expensive, but tasty. Thanks expense account!

Today I have been running around the hotel doing various go-for chores. Not bad... but moving books is tiring, especially when boxes can weigh up to forty pounds. We have the opening reception tonight, and sessions will start tomorrow....

Bye for now from the not-so-windy city.

la Musica That song from the Guru that Stephie can sing. Technically she can speak Hindi or Punjab! Haha.

2 Comments:

At 12:08 AM , Blogger Mercy said...

Your arms are gonna be buffff after all that box moving. I was watching the weather channel to see what Chicago was like, I forgot, how was the weather today?

I've always heard about that Brazilian bbq style, but never known anyone who tried it...that sounds so awesome. Although the charge account sounds better. :-)

 
At 10:05 AM , Blogger Kiko said...

Brownie mix!!! YAY! I'd like to go Chicago, and the first thing I'll try will be the deep-dish pizza. I know there are some companies who ship them to those people away from the place, but how can frozen taste better than homemade fresh stuff? Mercy is right. You'll look like Arnold Schwarzenegger
when you get out of there!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home